Inside an Adopt A Room
What's so special about Adopt A Rooms?
- They are private, family-friendly rooms that provide increased infection control and privacy in an often stressful environment.
- The spacious, 390-square-foot rooms (35 percent larger than standard hospital rooms) provide a comfortable environment in which to heal.
- They feature video conferencing technologies that help patients stay connected with relatives, friends, care providers, and school—no matter the distance.
- An interactive wall with three large-screen televisions provides entertainment, connectivity, and distraction, one of the most powerful tools in pediatric medicine, when needed.
- A bedside console allows patients to control almost everything in their rooms, including the lighting, color, music, and inter-room communication.
- The bedside console also provides access to the internet and the hospital’s Get Well Network, which keeps kids and their families informed, involved, comforted, connected, and supported. Preliminary observations suggest that patients in rooms equipped with this smart room technology have a shorter average length of stay as well.
- A dinner table, microwave, and mini refrigerator in each room provide home-away-from-home conveniences and the ability to cook and eat together as a family.
- Rooms offer comfortable sleeping accommodations for two family members, ample storage areas, and private bathrooms.
- In-room office space and laptops help parents manage home and work life during their child’s hospital stay.
Each Adopt A Room is available for sponsorship by an individual or company as a significant way to honor an individual, organization, family, or group. Gifts to Adopt A Room will equip and enhance patient rooms today for revolutionary comfort and care and sustain those rooms for decades to come.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Patty at 612-625-6136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.