Ways to give back
Philanthropic support demonstrates social responsibility, community partnership, and helps build vital hospital programs and facilities. It can also provide positive, high-impact community esteem and recognition. Discover giving opportunities that reflect your corporate mission and enhance your reputation, such as: patient and family services, named spaces within the new hospital, and programs in research and education.
Cause marketing can help increase sales, improve brand recognition, and enhance your company’s positive image with consumers—all while supporting a cause important to your company’s leadership, employees, and clients.
Consumers often support companies that support important charitable causes over those that do not. As this trend grows, your company will benefit by supporting the world-renowned research and patient care at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital.
Cause marketing programs can include:
- Pledging a percentage of sales, proceeds, or a predetermined amount
- Making a donation in a client’s name in lieu of gifts, awards, etc.
- A donation sold at registers, recognized with a paper certificate
- Change collection devices
- Services or items that directly benefit children
- Product sales with proceeds going to Amplatz Children’s Hospital
- A direct ask to the consumer by a waiter or cashier
For high visibility, use your brand to support University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital as an event sponsor. Sponsoring an Amplatz Children’s Hospital benefit event is a powerful way to associate your brand with our world-renowned care and reputation. Our annual events attract thousands of participants and major media coverage. As a sponsor, your company will share in the spotlight and send a message to your customers, clients, and employees that you care about their children and families.University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital hosts two premier fundraising events annually:
- WineFest—A Toast to Children’s Health
- Champions for Children Golf Classic
Sponsorship benefits can include:
- Logo visibility in promotional ads and materials
- Onsite visibility through signage
- Onsite product placement, giveaway, and sampling opportunities
- Speaking and naming opportunities
- Recognition in University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital and University of Minnesota Foundation print publications and online (includes social media recognition)
- Others unique to the level of sponsorship and event
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as teaming up with others for a great cause. Inspire those in your workplace by leading a fundraising drive for University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital.
Here are a few special programs to consider:
- Create family care packages
- Create a corporate giveaway program benefiting children and families
- Start a Partners with Parents program, providing holiday celebrations for families struggling with finances due to a child’s illness
- Participate in a corporate perks program, giving parents a much needed break, bringing morning coffee and snacks
- Hold a corporate Read-A-Thon to raise money for the hospital
- Provide parents with a special night out
- Offer payroll deductions
Double the impact of your employees’ charitable contributions with a matching gifts program. Companies that offer matching gifts double the impact of employees’ contributions and send a powerful message about the importance of contributing to children’s health research and care.
Visit matching gifts to see if your company has a matching gift policy.