Discover what sets our hospital apart
Our new hospital brings together services for mothers and children in one location and houses some of the country’s premier clinical programs, as well as the specialized technology needed to treat children with the most complex medical conditions.
The new 227,000-square-foot facility is designed to improve outcomes and accelerate healing by offering patients and their families:
- Large, private rooms with special features that allow families to visit or stay for long periods; to cook, eat, and play together; and even to manage work demands during a child’s hospital stay.
- Smart in-room technology that allows our young patients to control many aspects of their environment, including the lighting, TV, inter-room communications, and video-conferencing—keeping them connected to school, friends, and family.
- An environmentally sensitive design, eco-friendly materials, indoor and outdoor play areas, and green spaces—including a healing garden.
- A pediatric-only 24/7 emergency department with 10 treatment rooms and two trauma bays.
- Minnesota’s only children’s dialysis center, featuring a state-of-the-art stainless-steel water filtration system available at fewer than 5 percent of all dialysis centers nationwide.
- A level III neonatal intensive care unit, providing the highest level of care for newborns.
- Comprehensive mental-health and substance-abuse services for children and adolescents, including Minnesota’s only behavioral unit serving children ages 12 and younger exclusively, as well as one of the country's largest inpatient mental-health programs for children.
- A staffed resource center filled with natural light, books, computers, and other materials that provide reliable information and help advise our patients and their families.
Demonstrate your commitment to children’s health at the University by naming a space in the new University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital. Naming opportunities are available for the:
- Children’s-only emergency department
- Auditorium, conference, and education center
- Child and family resource center
- Pediatric specialty clinics, and related artwork and technology
- Outdoor playground
- Staff education room
- Adopt A Room
- Family consult room
- Playrooms or teen/tween rooms
- Family lounges
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Patty at 612-625-6136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.